Hardy silver sabal This silver-blue palm makes a wonderful and refreshing addition to the hot southern garden. For us it is the bluest of all the trunk palms. The southeastern Palm and Exotic Plant Society of Decatur Georgia reports Sabal uresana to be extremely cold hardy. Leaves look their best when given full sun and placed against black-green evergreens.
Notes and observations about this plant
- Absolutely no leaf damage whatsoever by Troy Hibbitts
- I have one of these in the ground that I purchased as a 3-gal plant in the fall of 2010. Jan/Feb of 2011, we had the coldest nights in 20+ years for our area (ca 13 degrees F) and this plant came through with absolutely no leaf damage whatsoever. (Posted on 10/9/12)
- Beautiful, cold hardy palm. by David Lyman
- We have had 4 of these in the ground for about 5 years in Southern NM. Record cold for 3 days in a row in early February (lowest night was 0). Only small amount of leaf burn on 2, the others were unaffected!! Beautiful, cold hardy palm. (Posted on 6/25/11)
- Note by Yucca Do Staff
- At shipping time these plants will be shipped with only one or two leaves left intact, because the record cold of Jan. 2010 burned many of the outer leaves. However these plants have a large and well established root ball and will flush new leaves rapidly once the season progresses. (Posted on 2/23/10)