This plant is out of stock at this time. You can add it to your Plant List by tapping the button below.
Notes and observations about this plant
- Inland Southern California
- I am in inland S. California and I have one of these under a tree in a partially shaded location. It is doing extremely well, lots of gorgeous purple spots, and pups too. I have yet to see how it makes it through the winter, but I am optimistic, as we are in zone 10a and the winters here are mild. I have realized through trial and error that plants like these thrive in semi-shade and in fact are often burned in full sun. I am going to get as many of these as I have room for! (Posted on 11/19/2013 by Victoria).
- Great plant for Austin
Great plant. Can handle heat, drought and sub freezing temps - unfortunately not deer resistant.
Austin, TX (Posted on 6/23/2013 by JB).
- Keep Free of Debris
- I planted a number of babies in areas under trees. The falling leaves landed in the leaves of the Macho Mocha and as the tree leaves decomposed they caused the leaves of the MM to rot and the plants to die. So My suggestion is to keep all debris out of the Macho Mocha in order to have a healthy plant. (Posted on 2/20/2013 by Gregory Sanoff).
- Central Florida's West Coast
Grows well in Central Florida's west coast. Colors best with some afternoon shade, it seems to burn some in full sun or at least lose it's purple spots.
(Posted on 2/20/2013 by Pamela Parks).
- x Mangave 'Macho Mocha'
- This is one very special plant. There are 5 of these beauties growing in my beds and all of them withstood 19F, soaking wet, this winter without a mark. (Posted on 6/6/2010 by Carl Dreibelbis).
- We previously listed the plant as Manfreda variegata 'Macho Mocha' but feel certain after the passage of time that it is a bi-generic cross between Manfreda variegata and Agave celsii. (Posted on 2/23/2010 by Yucca Do Staff).
Add a note about this plant!
Do you have an interesting tip or tidbit about this plant? We'd love to hear. Note: if you have a question about a plant, please use the contact form.